I decided to share with you some recipes that are fitting for the holiday seasons. To start of I´d like to share with you a cookie recipe I found this recipe on another blog I really admire and I already tried it out several times . Believe me if you like almonds with a taste of cinnamon you will love these cookies.
for the Almond Cake Cookies:
1 box (16.5 ounces) white cake mix
1 box (3.5 ounces) vanilla instant pudding & pie mix
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons LorAnn Almond Bakery Emulsion
for the Cinnamon Spice Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
1 & 1/2 teaspoons LorAnn Cinnamon Spice Bakery Emulsion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, dry vanilla pudding, eggs, butter, milk & Almond Bakery Emulsion – it will be thick
- Scoop the dough into tablespoon sized balls & place the dough on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Cool for just a minute or two on the baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely
- While the cookies are baking, in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and Cinnamon Spice Bakery Emulsion - until smooth.
- Using a spoon, smooth the icing onto the top of each cookie and let set for about 10 minutes, or until hardened. Store in the fridge, let come to room temperature when ready to serve.